Monday, July 14, 2008

Over 250 Vegan Recipes in 365 Days

And so it begins....I was in the book store today looking at the vegan cookbooks, when I realized a few things.  First, I own almost every single one. Second, I love Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero (and Vegan with a Vengance, but I need something big here) and use it to find something to cook weekly at least.  In fact, sometimes I read it like you might read a trashy romance novel.  Third, I've been wanting to set myself up with a new challenge.  So, instead of buying the one cookbook that I don't own, I bought the book Julie and Julia by Julie Powell.  In this book, Julie decides to make over 500 intense Julia Child french recipes in one year. 

Could this be the next project?  Might this be the next challenge that annoys my husband because I've added another task on my to-do list? YES! I decided to take a page from her book (pun intended) and start my own recipe challenge.  However, no Julia Child for this vegan... I am going to make every recipe in Veganomicon and I'll document my experiences here. 

Will this challenge help me find my place in this world?  Probably not, but it's an excuse to make some good food!  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i look forward to your reviews. i have almost done the whole VWAV cover to cover and veganomicon is next. i'll share my comments on stuff i've done as well.

veganfoodism said...

awesome challenge. good luck!